<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 17, 2004

What the ...?

Why does it seem like the most vocal homophobes always have secret issues.

I guess it is not really fair to say that Bush has been "most vocal" but he has definitely sought the approval of those who fear the gay menace including indicating tepid support for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

The whole "defense of marriage" business is quite confusing to me. How does the ability of two individuals to codify their union effect my 18 year marriage with my wife. Oh, wait a minute, I get it. If I were a closet homosexual like George W. Bush it could threaten my marriage. Societal approval of gay marriage would mean that he could finally dump Laura and get hitched to that fetching young Canadian political advisor.

Now the whole thing makes sense.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?